how many common clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
how many common clowns can you keep together in a tank, as i have had lots of differing views from a pair and to as many as your stocking levels can handle.

i am just setting up my tank and it would be easier to put all of the common clowns in at the same time, so i am wondering if i coulod have 3 of them?

thanx

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)

It really depends on the size of the tank but unless very large I would not place more than two of the same species and no other species with them. If you do place 3 in the tank, two will eventually pair and most likely kill the other. In the wild they do congregate in groups but that is not the same as the confining space like a tank

Cheers
Steve

Agreed with steve i wouldnt recommend putting more than 2 for a pair even if Finding Nemo says its ok :lol: I have tried what you are talking about i put 3 in my 58gallon and what happened is they continously picked on the other until the other 2 were mated. Then they just ignored the other and he eventually died of saddness... :cry:

Back
Top Bottom