Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

It just depends on the tank... I run a decent size sump/refuge for my tank and just a couple weeks ago my GF and I had some issues causing me to have to leave my tank unattended for 2 weeks with just top offs and was suppose to do my wc the day before it all happened which put me at 4 weeks without a wc and my levels (other then calcium and alk being low) were perfectly fine and everything was healthy other then some algae covered glass but everything is fine now after a week of cleaning lol
Yes, I agree, it's a tank specific kind of thing, (heavily stocked, minimally stocked), but the best long-term plan is to do a weekly water change to replenish all major and minor elements , not just to reduce nitrates.
Over time these will become depleted, without sufficient water changes. There were probably many other elements, besides Ca and Alk that were lowered, that you can't easily test for, over the course of those four weeks. And you will not see any noticeable changes from this for awhile, it's a slow, steady degradation. When you do start to see any signs from it, it could be too late for some corals and difficult if not impossible to bring them back.
Weekly water changes are the best way to go

Flreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
I believe your zoos are called radioactive green zoas. They are very nice, hardy, and spread pretty quick. Eagle eye zoas are red with a black mouth and yellow skirt

JoshuA c is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com