How many Dwarf lions in a 90?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ti6al4v_15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many dwarf lions could I have coexisting in a 90 gallon?

I think a colony of these would be cool.

Thanks,

Lane

Depends on the exact species, there are a few with the "nik" dwarf. Some can be kept in small groups (3ish) while others would likely eat each other (or at least try). Keep in mind that they will spend most of their time inactive/hiding during the day. For the most part though they are quite tollerant of each other.

Cheers
Steve

I was thinking Dendrochirus brachypterus the fuzzy dwarf. I have had a couple before in the same tank and it was almost like they interacted with one another. I was just wondering how many would be alright to keep in one tank.

I would think about 3-4 should be fine, the smaller the better when they are introduced. Just keep in mind that would about max the bioload depending on set up.

Cheers
Steve

I've read that if there are 2 or more Lionfish in a large enough tank they will actually hunt together much like a pair of T/REX dinosaurs. :lol:

I saw a bug channel documentary where they were hunting in a pack, it was really a sight to see.

I have an Antennata and a Black Volitan and they hang out together, but I have yet to see them hunt together.

Back
Top Bottom