How many fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20 gallon setup. I have 2 clown fish, 2 small chromis, an assortment of snails and a serpent star. I would love to get a goby. Would that be too many fish for my tank.

I'd say that two clowns and 2 chromis is already too much for a 20 IMO

Possibly a clown or neon goby but keep up with the water changes and/or run a skimmer.

Purple Firefish goby would work... Their rated for 10 gallon tanks...

I would say it depends on your tank. How are your nitrates and phosphates holding out? If they aren't near zero then I would suggest that you skip adding any other fish as it will just make tank parameters worse.

Sounds ok so far, the only thing to keep in mind is the tank size requirements when all the fish are adults. We can be easily swayed when the fish are "store" size.

I like the idea of a clown goby or maybe a yellow watchman. :) You seem tohave a good handle on your parameters and the watchman and clown wont get too big.

I love mine, he is always out and about and loves to perch in my corals. A great little fish with lots of color and personality. :)

Back
Top Bottom