how many people here own a yellow tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packfan2204

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering how many people own a yellow tang, and just wanted to know some specifics like how often do u feed, how big is your tang, how long have u had it.

I feed my tang twice a day with a 2" x 2" piece of green algae. He's about 2.5" not including the tail, and i've had him about 6 months

I have one as well. I feed it a strip of Seaweed Selects a day plus Formula 2, Mysis Shrimp, and Blood Worms. he chomps it all and begs for more.

We've had our Yellow Tang since sometime in 1999, so going on 5 years. It's body was the size of a half-dollar when we got it -- he's probably about 5" (tail to tip of nose) now.

I truly believe that one of the keys of successfully keeping Tangs (we also have a Purple Tang that is a few months older than the Yellow, and a Regal which we've had about 7 mos) is a varied diet, based heavily in greens/seaweeds.

We feed our Tangs our homemade tank food daily.

They also get (4x / week) - Nori, Dulse, organic romaine & baby spinach, all "marinated" in Zoe, on a clip.

Every once in a while (1-2x/week), we'll offer Spirulina flake, or OSI spirulina nibblers.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom