How many snails ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say 20. You have to have enough food for them too. :)

I would mix them up too. I have only narscissu snails in my 125g, I have 40! lol But I bought them so I can feed them since they dont eat algae, they just aerate the sand.

How long has your tank been established? Sand sifting starfish are great BUT they need an established sandbed to live. if they don't find food they go unde the sand and die and then decompose and pretty much can nuke your tank.

Maybe try a sand sifting goby? they are known to eat other foods not just the stuff in the sand so it might be a safer bet.

I would recommend putting a few Turbo snails in there. I added five to my 34 Gallon SW, and they cleared a ton of my algae (mainly cyanobacteria) within days. I now add a sheet of dried seaweed because there isn't as much algae now.

Turbos are notoriosu for knocking things down is the only reason i didnt mention them. I just out 2 in my biocube since theres not much trouble they can cause in there lol

Turbos are notoriosu for knocking things down is the only reason i didnt mention them. I just out 2 in my biocube since theres not much trouble they can cause in there lol

Your right, that is the downside. I found my Devil's Hand knocked over a few days ago.

I have five narcissus and three turbos in my 90 gallon reef. They more than maintain my tank.

Back
Top Bottom