How many times??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many times have you had ich?? And how did you get rid of it. I know there are a few people who keep getting ich and dont know what to do, so lets hear your stories....

In your tank you'll have to qt any fish you have. And then let ich run it's course in the main tank. Hyposalinity is one method you can use to get rid of it.

If you use a chemical also raise your temp slightly to speed up the life cycle of ich. Most medications won't kill the ich when it's in the cyst stage. The only way it will be killed is when it's free-floating away from a host fish.

I have been lucky and haven't had any problems with ich. I have heard of quite a few success stories of reefers curing ich by feeding their fish with fresh garlic. The ones that use garlic also say that the bottled garlic preparations are not that effective because the chemical that makes the garlic effective has a short lifespan once the garlic is chopped.
I think I haven't had a problem is that I generally maintain low stocking densities and try to always have at least one cleaner shrimp to keep the bugs off of my fishies.

I have been battling Ich for the last few weeks. I have my display empty, and all my fish in a QT tank. I've been treeting the QT with Copper, and letting the display run its course.

I got a Purple Tang, complete with ich. He had gone straight into QT and exhibited symptoms pretty quickly. I started treatment with hypo. He's been spotless since the 20th. When he's been spotless for 4w I'll bring the SG back up and match parms to my main.

Back
Top Bottom