How much 2 feed Lionfish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travelmadness

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a new Volitans Lionfish, about 5 inches long or so right now.

How much and how often do these guys like to be fed?

I've read about 1-3 times a week, depending on food/size of food.

Any thoughts?

depends on what you are feeding. When i had one before i moved to FL i fed him a couple of goldfish every other day- he was fat and happy!

dont feed gold fish, they dont need them, there easy too train too take dead foods, feed him , krill, scalopes, octopus, squid, silver sides, non-oily fish(no spices or flavorings also), lobster tail, crab meat, i soak my lions food in garlic guard by seachem. i only feed mine every 2 too 3 days, keep him hungary and healthy, dont keep him fat all the time, fill him up then let him lose the weight and feed again it will be about 2 too 3 days. oh yeah when you cut his food make the pieces not too big and they have big mouths, what size of tank is he in? make sure you have some caves in there also, and dont over feed it will kill him.

my lionfish

yeah i dont plan on feeding him goldfish, and i am awared that the most common way they die is overfeeding...

i have only fed him once, since i just got him a couple days ago. he is very willing to eat silversides right off a feeding stick. -- also have krill, shrimp, etc.. to try...

he's in a 75 gallon tank. i have some overhanging live rock for him to hide from the light.

what kind of setup do you have for your lion?

Back
Top Bottom