Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by special lighting

Oh okay thanks, do you think my fluval alone is enough water circulation?
I use a Fluval 406 on my 55g. And my water's great. I also have an Aqua C Remora skimmer and love it. Works great and quiet. Just rinse the Fluval media weekly in old tank water with your PWC. Never replace it all at once, you'll lose all your BB. Rotate changing out the foam pieces and water polishing pads. I usually change 1 piece every week or two.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh! And I have 3 PH in my tank too.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

I use a Fluval 406 on my 55g. And my water's great. I also have an Aqua C Remora skimmer and love it. Works great and quiet. Just rinse the Fluval media weekly in old tank water with your PWC. Never replace it all at once, you'll lose all your BB. Rotate changing out the foam pieces and water polishing pads. I usually change 1 piece every week or two.
Ohh okay, is my 305 too small? Lol do i change carbon every week?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza101

Just look in you tank for dead spots! I always check out the water flow when I add my purple up cause it clouds the water and is easy to see where the dead spots are. J would say you will have a few spots so add a korilla or two if so!
Sure will do
Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, if you use the Fluval carbon, change every month, but rinse it every week. I changed all my carbon out for Chemipure, which I rinse every week and it gets changed every 2-3 months. I also got rid of 1 compartment of carbon, so I have 3 compartments of chemipure and 3 of biomax, then the usual sponges and water polishing pads. Not sure how the 305 is set up, though. Between the Fluval and LR, you should be ok for the filtration.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
No, if you use the Fluval carbon, change every month, but rinse it every week. I changed all my carbon out for Chemipure, which I rinse every week and it gets changed every 2-3 months. I also got rid of 1 compartment of carbon, so I have 3 compartments of chemipure and 3 of biomax, then the usual sponges and water polishing pads. Not sure how the 305 is set up, though. Between the Fluval and LR, you should be ok for the filtration.
Fluval is 3 carbon baskets, 3 bio ring baskets, and 4 sponges to catch debris.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

The 406 came as 4 carbon, 2 biomax, 4 large foam, 2 water polishing pads and 2 waffle-type sponges. I just altered mine a little. But you can do whatever you think is best for your tank.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
The 406 came as 4 carbon, 2 biomax, 4 large foam, 2 water polishing pads and 2 waffle-type sponges. I just altered mine a little. But you can do whatever you think is best for your tank.
Yea thad sounds badass!! Mt fluval is spitting out some tinny particles/bubbles :0 what should i do?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

It could be its not fully primed. Does yours have the small plastic priming knob at top? I have to pump mine quickly 3-4 times when I clean it, then I can hear the water rushing in and air bubbles come out the output line, but only for about 1 minute till its full of water. If you don't have the priming knob, you'll have to read your directions for priming it.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
It could be its not fully primed. Does yours have the small plastic priming knob at top? I have to pump mine quickly 3-4 times when I clean it, then I can hear the water rushing in and air bubbles come out the output line, but only for about 1 minute till its full of water. If you don't have the priming knob, you'll have to read your directions for priming it.
Ohh thanks fixed it . How do u make my eater crystal clear? There's alot of particles in it

Tags
filtration

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com