how much fish can i put????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aarref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 275 gal aquarium 5 ft long and till now i have 3 angels, 4 butterflyfish, dragonet, tomatoe clownfish, 2 clown fish, 1 moorish Idol, 3 damsels. and i have to brig an empiorior angel! how more fish can i put???

i saw in your other post that your tank is actually 275 litters. Is that true? Anyone know what the gal conversion would be? If this is the case, you are currently way overstocked. What are your water parameters? Most of the fish you mentioned need very large aquariums to be hapy and healthy. I am by no means trying to be mean, but you may be well on the way to disastor.

lando said:
i saw in your other post that your tank is actually 275 litters. Is that true? Anyone know what the gal conversion would be? If this is the case, you are currently way overstocked. What are your water parameters? Most of the fish you mentioned need very large aquariums to be hapy and healthy. I am by no means trying to be mean, but you may be well on the way to disastor.

275 liters = 72.669 gal. I'm afraid this tank is already overstocked.
Good luck.

I'd say you can put negative eight fish.

Way over-stocked indeed for a 72 gal. tank. Can you give us more info on your tank? What are the water parameters, lighting, filtration, substrate, live rock, how long has it been running? Thanks! Lando

Yes, please find the Angels a good home. Even with a large tank they will/can fight . My angel has grown more than 2" since Dec. I wouldn't even consider another.
They may seem small now, but they will (within a year) outgrow the tank. Road to disaster IMO. (even if it was a 275 gallon)

ok 10x very much for the msg now i would not put more fish! and wath is water parameter?

Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Temperature, Salinity, pH.

Do you keep a check on all these levels?

I make that 566l.. which is about 145 gal??

Back
Top Bottom