Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-28-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
Very nice tank! What lights are you running?
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
120 watt LED dimmable Ebay specials. Many call them taotronics. Just search "Dimmable aquarium LED lights" on ebay and you can't miss them. About $100 a unit.
A lot of us have those lights but not your results!!!
How high are your settings on the two channels set??
I have 2 of these lights still in boxes as backup if my acan fails.

coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
Blues are at about 100% and whites are at about 25%. I've played with them over the years and find this is my optimal setting. I like the look with this mix and the corals do really well. When I first set them up on my 55 gallon I bleached everything as I was running 2 at almost 100%. On that tank I turned all channels down to 25% and things recovered.

One thing I found with lights like this my SPS grow like crazy. Because of this they suck everything out of the water. I dose Alk/Cal/Mg daily and trace elements weekly to keep things in check. Without trace elements my coral were fading as the water was being stripped.

Animal-Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
Two tricks:

Develop means to get the vast majority of the food into the fish and organisms that utilize it.

Feed high quality foods and rotate them.

I prefer to feed at least once a day, and for example my school of chromis is stable. I also have tangs that are over 15 years old. Many of these fish have very short digestive systems and it really stresses them if they can't get enough to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com