How much more can i add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
55 Gallon:
2 Ocellaris Clowns
3 Blue/Green Chromis
1 nerite snail
1 hermit crab

How much more fish can I add until I'm overstocked?

carey said:
You've got quite a ways to go. :)

what did you have in mind for fish?

I love dwarf angels. Either a bicolor or a flame but still can't decide. Also, I like friendly fish, no aggressive ones that may eat or harass others.

Lol ok dude get an orange striped prawn goby/pistol shrimp, midas blenny, fill out your chromis school to 6, get a bicolor, and keep the clowns :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol ok dude get an orange striped prawn goby/pistol shrimp, midas blenny, fill out your chromis school to 6, get a bicolor, and keep the clowns :)

Lol I think 3 chromis is good with me haha. Maybe bicolor. I want bigger fish kinda, and I like middle to bottom dwellers

What do you want thats bigger then the bicolor? I think you should get a bunch of cool nano fish... :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
What do you want thats bigger then the bicolor? I think you should get a bunch of cool nano fish... :D

Haha fish that are the same size as the bicolor would be awesome. Also some that may be the same size as an adult clown. What kinda nano fish?

Well i feel like you want 1 large fish in the tank so some options would be a type of smaller butterfly fish, possibly a foxface if its a one spot and its small, and maybe a kole tang/bristletooth tang if you really want one. You do have a 4' tank so that opens up alot of options for fish tht may need more gallons. You could have 1 large fish like the ones i listed above, your beloved dwarf angel, and multiple nano fish :) happy???????????? :) hah lol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well i feel like you want 1 large fish in the tank so some options would be a type of smaller butterfly fish, possibly a foxface if its a one spot and its small, and maybe a kole tang/bristletooth tang if you really want one. You do have a 4' tank so that opens up alot of options for fish tht may need more gallons. You could have 1 large fish like the ones i listed above, your beloved dwarf angel, and multiple nano fish :) happy???????????? :) hah lol

Haha still not satisfied Jack! Yeah I would love a smaller tang. I just wish there was a blue looking one like the blue tang. The tank is 48 inches long, 20 inches high. Nano fish are boring unless they dig up the sand haha.

how many you can add really depends on how good a skimmer you have. As far as tangs they need a 6ft tank to be happy. I have a 55g with 1 yellow strip maroon, 1 aptasia eating file fish, 2 chromis, 1 sixline wrasse, 1 diamond gobie, 1 royal gramma I am about maxed out I think, I have tried to add 2 other fish and the rest killed them so I think I have added enough.

crister13 said:
Yes, it's a 4' tank, but it's only 1' wide. Tangs need more room IMO. 4x1.5' tank for any tang.

4ftx1.5ft? My sides are 13.5 inches

They're pretty cool...... I personally like kole tangs more..... They're similar though. You ever gonna upgrade? Then you could get a lot of tangs!!!! Lol

Yeah after school. That's prob in like 8 yrs lol

Back
Top Bottom