How much Mysis Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey you all, right now I have 1 royal gramma & a small pair of juvenile Picasso clowns... I was wondering how much of the Mysis shrimp cube should I feed them & how often?

Quarter to a third of a cube sounds good if it is PE or a smaller type of mysis. I feed daily

Yeah I have the frozen cube version. I was recommended to feed every other day.

If you have the filtration for it, I would feed small amounts daily, or even smaller amounts twice daily. I don't like starving my fish to try to fight algae, there are better methods of tackling that than starving the fish.

Yeah I have adequate filtration to feed more. Do small fish need to be fed multiple times daily?

Yeah I have adequate filtration to feed more. Do small fish need to be fed multiple times daily?
My approach is to try to feed a little bit as often as I have time for. And I mean a little bit, just a few mouthfuls at a time. I don't think you have to do this to be successful, but my fish have never been healthier or fatter regardless of size.

Yeah I'll definitely give it a try. But I'm wondering, would it be better to do 2 small feedings a day, or 1 larger feeding? I'm currently only feeding Mysis shrimp, but am working on building up my pod population!

Yeah I'll definitely give it a try. But I'm wondering, would it be better to do 2 small feedings a day, or 1 larger feeding? I'm currently only feeding Mysis shrimp, but am working on building up my pod population!
IMO small feedings reduce the amount of uneaten food the tank has to clear.

Back
Top Bottom