How much nori is too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
I picked up a wafer thin powder blue tang and I'm trying to get some meat on it's bones. It's been picking at the rock and eating nori like there is no tomorrow. Currently I put a piece about 1" x 2", fold it up so they don't tear it apart too much and put it on a clip. The pbt and coral beauty go to town with it and it's usually gone in less than an hr.
The pbt's belly is nice and fat and I'm sure eventually it will beef up all over. My question is, can I or should I feed it more than once/day? The way it's folded on the clip very little gets torn up and floats away.

I have a clown and blue regal that love the stuff as well. I put a sheet that is about 1-1.5 inches wide and 5-6 inches long..I would think since you have 2 fish that this is primarily their niche food, I would put more than what you are in there. Fold it into a tighter square so it doesnt get torn as easily. Plus if any does float away your clean up crew should take care of it.
Also if you want to add a little punch to it, put some vitamin C, selcon, Zoe, good stuff on there. Not a lot as a little goes a long ways.

Back
Top Bottom