Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2006, 04:08 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

My tank is in our famiy room where the TV is, so most nights I will spend more time watching the tank than the TV. I probably spend all up an hour a day just looking at it.
When we have people over they spend most of the night watching and commenting on the tank.
Love it

Old 03-01-2006, 04:54 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaReefer
My girlfriend says "you pay more attention to that darn fish tank then me"
I have heard that before man! I spend probably about 30minutes-1 hour just gazing at my tank everyday eventhogh there isnt much in it yet! I can't wait to start another when I get the money! My Fiance stares at it just as much. I have as much fun doing maitenece as I do watching it. Its like you are creating your own ocean in your house. Our tank is in the bedroom so we have a good view.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have a small stool that I keep in front of my tank so I can just sit and stare.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to faerykisses
I do the usual looking, in the morning before work, as soon as I get home. But for the most part if I pass by it, I have to stop and look...and while I am in the living room I sneak glances at it just to make sure things are ok. But my favorite spot is the big cushiony chair that sits right next to the tank...its positioned perfectly so you can look down the whole length of the tank and see infront of and behind the live rock, its such a sweet spot. I've noticed that the fish start swimming by the chair after sitting there a while...

My boyfriend and I have had our tank for almost 6 months now and its great to have a hobby that we can both enjoy, and spend money on...haha...we really enjoy doing maintenence together...
Old 03-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to DeathWarp
Can a good answer be "too much time" lol ... I could likely describe every pleet in any rock surface on there lol
Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

i spend at least 1 to 2 hours a day looking and changing something. I've had salt for a little over a year now and when i'm not looking at my tank i'm online here reading and learning its all so interesting and fun.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

I look at my little tank all the time. You know its great when you get the kids off of the ps2! my girls will watch the tank more than they do the tv. also great! My 14 year old and I have a really great bond with our hobbies she breeds bettas so I help her with hers and vise versa. We love our tanks. You know you are addicted when you start remodeling your house to support your tanks. next I am adding another room just for our tanks. I also posted this on another thread but you know your a little loopy when you start having dreams about your tanks. I have been having crazy dreams about my mushrooms. LOL!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Civicman86
I usually admire it when Im suppose to be doing my homework for classes. Tank sits right next to my desk so its an easy distraction. lol

http://home.insightbb.com/~civicman86/FishSig.jpg
Pics and specs coming soon...
Civicman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #19
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Every chance I get. I even get up 30 minutes earlier than everyone else just so that I can have my morning alone time with the forum and the tank. It's a sickness.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount
Tried to convince the Mrs to let me move it into the closet wall and cut out so we can view in the office and family room. Let's just say I can move it into the office w/o cutting anything out of the walls. So I can get distracted while on the computer doing work instead. She wasn't excited about a big ole hole in the family room wall.

Lately I've upgraded to about 1 hour a day if not more. Especially after hours when the daylight lights are off.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com