How much water for a PWC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beano1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How much water should i take out in a PWC in a 50gal

We do 1 gallon on our 10 gallon this usually replaces the used trace elements and freshens the water
10%-20%usually is what most do or in your case 5 gallons -10 gallons per week generally speaking . HTH

I divided my tank into 4 quarters, from top to bottom and marked off the 1st quarter, that's how much I take out and add. Mine is roughly 20-25%, since I am not so great at math.

roka64 said:
I divided my tank into 4 quarters, from top to bottom and marked off the 1st quarter, that's how much I take out and add. Mine is roughly 20-25%, since I am not so great at math.

That looks like good math to me. :D

melosu58 said:
That looks like good math to me.
LOL!! I find if I can't figure it out with logic, I default to common sense and AA!

10-20% weekly or at least every two weeks is prettly much the standard. This is what I do with my 90g, 15g every 1-2 weeks depending on my schedule.

Much more than 20% in a smaller system (under 75g) and I think you risk distrubing the balance.

HTH,

On my 135 gallon FW tank I do about a 50% water change every friday, just for the fact my oscars are really messy and I like the nitrates to stay well below 20ppm I like it around 4-6 and on my 6.6 gallon I do about three 2 gallon water changes a week because I am slightly overstocked because I have a gold severum in there that is about an inch long and I am growing her out to put in my 135 with my oscars when she is bigger.

Back
Top Bottom