How much wet/dry is to much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

03shee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Plan on getting a new wet/dry for a 55gal, was planning on getting one(Filter) for about 100gal so I can eventually get a bigger tank when I find some room to put it in the future? good/bad idea? also was going to get a skimmer for that same size too. Would it filter out to much possible? Thanks
How much light go anenomies require, will be going in a 37gal?

The larger filter will be fine on the 55. You really can't oversize them. As for the anemones, what kind are you looking at? Anemones are difficult to keep in most cases and need a tank that is at least a year old to do well. For most of them, I'd say a 250w MH would be plenty. I'm thinking the 37 is a 30" tank? Is that right?

yea its 30" the tanks been up n running for about a year. I have no prob with keeping fish or rock, but my dad went to the fish store without telling me and purchased a clown, ans all the clown I've ever seen look pretty happy when theres a host in the tank. My tank is in perfect working order. The only problem is thatI have a hang-on wet/dry but the lighting is only about 45watts being that it is an eclipse hood. Is their an anenomie that only needs this little amount of lighting? also my clown was sleeping on the bottom of the tank is this normal? He's eating well and gets along with the others. I'd change the lighting but don't have a chiller and the tanks runnig about 80 right now, so a bigger light would drive up the heat. Last year the air went out and the tank went up to 90F, had to put ice in a bag then in the tank to keep it cool.
Thanks

You don't need an anemone to keep the clown happy. He will do just great without one. I don't know of a hosting anemone that will do well under this amount of light. If you up the lighting, you can add fans to the hood to dissipate the heat. I don't think you'd need a chiller as long as you had fans running.

Back
Top Bottom