How offten to feed the crab and shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robocop

Aquarium Advice Activist
How offten should I feed my Crab and Shrimp? I have a Red leg or Holloween Crab and a Blood red and feeder shrimp. That darn crab is bad. I had a huge turbo snail in the tank and he some how got to him and ate him. He did it behind a rock so I could not see what was going on but I know he did because he is sporting a new shell :wink: Also, I have little snails that I have to keep fliping over and yesterday I went to flip on over with my extention tool and he attached it. He's geting pretty aggressive, not sure if I should feed him more or what. Just wondering how offten to feed them

The shrimp and crab are scavengers and will get enough food from what the fish leave behind for the most part.

The crab probably killed the snail not for the food but for the shell. Crabs and snails are hard to get to cohabitat for this reason unless you can provide the crab with an abundance of extra shells.

i drop 4 or 5 pellets in while im feeding the fish wich my shrimp stars and crabs seem to do just fine on if im to lazy to go get the pellets i just drop in a little extra food

Back
Top Bottom