How often do you do PWC's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often do you do water changes?

• Twice a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a week

• Once every two weeks

• Total voters

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im just currious to know how often and how much of a water change do you do? (normaly, this is excludeing if something bad happens in the tank)
I do a little smaller than a 25% water change, (more like a 23% because I dont have a 7.5gall bucket LOL) once a week

what about everyone else? :)

*edit* I meant to add once a month as well but I forgot :roll: *

I do PWC in my pico and nano every two weeks. In my 95 reef I do a PWC every 3-4 weeks depending on time.

On our 2 tanks we do 10% weekly . However our 10 in the BR is battleing algea so I have increased them to 25% weekly , since our phosphates were a bit on the high side , they are now nearing 0 phosphats

rich311k said:
I do 50%+ every week.
I assume that's your planted tank :D

20% once a month now. Check parameters weekly and it's very stable. First year I did 20% weekly which kept everything in check.

20% every two weeks for me. I've tried to go longer, but my numbers start to skew (especially Calcium as I have lots of Corals). Even doing PWC's every two weeks, I still have to dose Calcium every other week.

10% weekly for me, twice a week occasionally if I feel really motivated :lol:
FWIW twice I decided to see what, if any, differences doing no PWC's or less frequent PWC's made(I have to dose Ca/Alk/Mag regardless b/c of coral consumption). I went about two months w/ no PWC's the first time, and just less frequent PWC's the second (but still only 10-15% for convenience sake). Both times I saw a difference for the better w/ at least 10% weekly PWC's, so that's what I do. Just my experience

Back
Top Bottom