How often do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often do you feed your fish?

• 1x a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2x a day

• 3x a day

• 4x a day

• > 4x a day

• Total voters

robertfah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this is a loaded question depending upon tank size and inhibitants, but I thought it would be neat to see how often people are feeding their fish.

ALot of people do not feed every day and that option isnt there...I feed every other day.

I feed every other day . . . and sometimes once every third day. All my fish seem very happy with this schedule.

Ok, so make the last option every other day.

I've tried to feed my fish every other day and I find my Tangs get really skinny. They seem content if I feed them every day, so I've been sticking with that schedule.

I voted in GT4 assuming that was replaced by every other day. I don't consider Nori "feeding my fish". General population gets every other day. The tangs I keep fat.

I also voted for GT4 (Every other day) All my fish seem very content with this feeding schedule...

It looks like it`s every other day for all but one and that one should do the same. Get some nori or calerpa or seaweed selects for your tang and he`ll be just fine. The people that answered No.1,2 or 3 either do have algea problems or soon will.

every two or three days.. alternate between emrald entree and mysis shrimp. Occasionally I hatch brine shrimp and feed those.. tank really goes nuts!

I feed daily, but I mix it up quite a bit. Every 3 days they get a fresh seafood cocktail, and in between small amounts of flake or pellet food. It seems that anything the fishes don't eat is taken care of by shrimp, crabs, and worms.

fresh seafood cocktail

This makes me wonder about feeding fish actual shrimp, like I would eat, in my shrimp cocktail. Cut up into tiny pieces, I wonder if they'd enjoy it... sure it'd cost more and be a pain, but regardless.

I voted every other day, although I tend to be fairly irregular with my feedings - I'm working on that. :p

I had been dutifully feeding daily, but soon enough I had to start scrubbing algae off the glass w/ every pwc, so I don't do that anymore. :x

Back
Top Bottom