How often shoul i feed seaweed??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ow often should I feed my tang a pics of seaweed... I also feed flakes...

For what fish? You can always have some on an algae clip, when some runs out, replace it. :)

Yellow tang... Lol sorry forgot to put that in and that's what I've been doing but not sure if I'm over feeding

I dont think it should be constantly hanging there. The tang will pick the live rock too. I would say feed on the clip 2-3 times per week. My tang and blenny eat it in less than 10minutes.

I have 3 tangs and a lawnmower blenny so I tend to have a piece in every day. But I also don't have alot of algae in the tank on the rocks so I figure better they have too much than not enough. :)

Depending on where you live you can always get an invasive algae to keep for the tang something like Caulerpa

You don't want skinny fish or wild nitrates in your water.

I've been feeding everyday but now I only do a piece every other day..:)

since you feed only flakes i would keep nori available. i would try a varied diet. perhaps some other rinsed frozen food once or twice a week as well, or maybe something from the seafood section at the supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom