How often should i feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RubixCube

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one medium sized yellow tang, 5 zebra hermits, a florida anemone, a peppermint shrimp a clown fish, and a large cowrie snail. I have been feeding them "mega marine angel", about less than half a block once a day. I have since developed a bad case of cyno. is it possible that i could be over feeding?

the easiest way to tell if you're over feeding is if there are a lot of pieces of the food still floating through the water 45-60 seconds after feeding.

In regards to the Cyano: it could be overfeeding (see above) but if your tank is young, may also just be part of the growing pains.

I got my new tank up on the 30th of december and I am still working on Cyano, but it seems to be receeding. Get yourself some "Algone" from your LFS it helps with the initial algae bloom, or buy a good cleaning crew.

Insufficient water movement over your substrate can also be a reason for a cyano bloom. Try moving your PH's around to make sure you are getting a good flow over your substrate.

Back
Top Bottom