Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

How often should I feed my carpet anenome?

How often should I feed my carpet anenome? Some chunks of shrimps? What else they eat? 1st pic

How do i feed my long tentacle anenome? It's never opened it's mouth...??? 2nd pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3473705816.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	29126   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-829929736.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	29127  

Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

if they are hosed 1 a week they will feed of sraps from the clown fish if not then you should feed them every other day if they are not hungry they will release there food just clear it out the tank n try again in a day or two. anemones dont really open there mouth unless they are feeding or getting rid of waste i think. you should nev"er feed directly to the mouth you can damadge them really badly. just place the food on the tenticles or on the "carpet" tenticles. they wil then do what they do with the food. anemones eat most meaty foods like shrimp and silversides etc. only give them food that is the same size as there mouth. hope this helps. try alternating your feeding e.g carpet one day then the long tenticle the othere.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

The long tentacle anenome didn't feed until I fed the chunk ok shrimp directly to it's mouth.. Which was the first time it opened it's mouth in 3 weeks . The carpet now feeds from placing the shrimp on it's short tentacles but the clown goes crazy trying to Steele the food from it... ;()

Diablito
Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Moved to SW general discussion forum. Nothing to identify.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Do the clows host the carpet. You shouldnt be feeding directly to there mouth. Place it on his tenticles and he should grab it after a while. As for the carpet try putting something like a strawberry basket or something overhim wen u feed him to give him a chance only if he is not hosted.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH
Do the clows host the carpet. You shouldnt be feeding directly to there mouth. Place it on his tenticles and he should grab it after a while. As for the carpet try putting something like a strawberry basket or something overhim wen u feed him to give him a chance only if he is not hosted.
Yes the anemones are being hosted... Now they are both being fed on it's tentickes... Good idea. Thanks

Diablito
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

No prob let me no how it goes and if they are hosted dont used the basket just give them time the clown fish will also feed ur anemone a little two thats why u feed them less if they are hosted hopes it goes k.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH
No prob let me no how it goes and if they are hosted dont used the basket just give them time the clown fish will also feed ur anemone a little two thats why u feed them less if they are hosted hopes it goes k.
I don't see that the clown fish is feeding it... I feed the carpet but thereafter it shrinks ... It's now been two days ???

Diablito
Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

normally the clowns will eat over the anemone and bits will drop into the anemone. they do not need that much food. give it some time sometimes u feeed them once a month every anemone is diffrent as long as ur light is fine and water and flow etc u should be fine if u feed him and he shrunk do u mean as soon as u put food on him he curled up ?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Few hours After he was fed on Thursday .. He shrunk alot from it's original size.. Since then he has not gotten full again.. Instead he gets smaller n fills up just a little..now that's it shriveled He looks more green..

Diablito

Tags
anenome, carpet, carpet anenome, feed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com