How often to feed fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what everyone's feeding schedule was. I have two fish... a tang and a trigger and a few inverts that eat mainly algae. When should I feed the fish? They eat mostly pellets but get a meaty snack every few days.

I think it depends on the fish. Some people feed their eels twice a week, I feed my tang at least twice a day, trying to always have something for him to graze on whenever he feels like a snack.

I feed mine every day in the evening. Also clip a sheet of nori after dinner. I know other have less frequent feedings, your mileage may vary.

Me too on the once a day. I've gone for 3 to 6 days out of town with no food and no problems. I did feed a little heavy before I left though.

I feed every-other day for 2 little guys (royal gramma and a clown). Don't let them trick you, they always act hungry - especially the clown!

Matt

Ya cause I typically feed more than once a day but very very small portions... I shake the pellet (strainer top) can once which usually is about 5 or 6 pellets... I do it about 2 or 3 times a day. The fish never seem to miss much.

Back
Top Bottom