How should i add a fuge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just upgraded my 29g tank to a 55g and was wanting to use the 29g tank as a fuge. What would be the best, affordable way to do this? Could i just get a overflow box w/ a u tube to feed the fuge and a pump in the fuge to return water to the tank? How do i know if I can drill my tank? I would be putting the fuge under my tank and would want to use it mostly for sheltering pods and maybe grow some macro algae. I dont really want caulerpa (sp?) though. I was thinking of some halimeda, shaving brush, and maidens hair. Would those work as well as caulerpa? I want to get some macro media because it sounds like a great place for pods to live, but do those algaes need sand to grow in?

On the other hand, I am getting 6 55w PC lights for xmas. Is this enough for everything but SPS corals? what about anemones?

Thank you very much for the help,
Ross

Hey Ross,

I am almost positive you can have the back of your tank drilled. With most tanks the only glass that is tempered and cannot be drilled is the bottom. Do you know who made your tank? The only problem i found with having mine drilled is where. I called every place in the indy metro and burb areas and only found one place in brownsburg. It was kinda spendy at $30 a hole. But I did it none-the-less and am happier for it. I'd be most happy to show you my setup if you are ever out this way. It's still kinda chaotic but I think you'll get the jist. Also on the 55 with those catalina 55s you are getting i think you will be suprised to find there isn't much you wont be able to keep. That's a lotta light on a 55 gal. Cj on here upgraded from those lights to MH on a 55. But he's become a junky who can't get enough to quinch his thirst for the aquaria virus he has caught. :wink: (you know I love ya James).

Back
Top Bottom