how should i care for my new shrimp???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
what do i need to do. i just got a skunk cleaner and 3 prppermints and a turbo snail. do i need to feed them or will they just find enough food on the rocks? i have quite a bit of aptasia (spelling?) its a 28 gallon nanocube. the only other livestock are 7 hermit crabs.
Thanks!

Being a new tank and a smaller tank I would think you need to feed them a little. Do you have any algea in the tank?

yea, there is a little hair algea. im just really hoping that they will kill my aptasia (once again spelling?). what should i feed them?

There is no guarantee the pepps will eat the aiptasia and definitely not the hair algae. I would look to solving the excess nutrients issue so it won't keep coming back. I have also noticed aiptasia will quickly grow out of control if regular PWCs are not done. I have seen this 1st hand in my 125. I have no fish or critters in there right now and didn't do PWCs and they took over the tank.
Feeding yout inverts, do what Mike says and feed a little food.

Flakes can cause more excess nutrients. Frozen would be good make sure you rinse with RO/DI water. I don't use freeze dried, so I can't offer anything there.

Mine go nuts over a few ( maybe 4-5) small fish pellets..( I use new life spectrum ) the skunk cleaner will jump off the rocks and go for 'em. Just a tiny pinch of food if you have no fish in there will work well.

sounds good, ill get them used to that and then hopefully by time i get fish they will take it from my hands.

Back
Top Bottom