How soon is too soon to add coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
look into the TaoTronic dimmable LED $ 149.00 on ebay these will let you keep any coral or nem you may want. Also you wont need a skimmer so you can save some $$.

+1 got my first Tao on Friday and LOVE it! Completely changed how my tank looks. Not to mention I went to coralcon in Orlando and picked up a clam, favia, monti and some solar flare zoas which look amazing under it!

My personal opinion is go LED

hmm..i'm not seeing that model on the TaoTronic site...is the dimmer an aftermarket modification?

Nevermind...I'm seeing it on Amazon, too...

There site shows 1st gen. lights shoot them an e-mail for pricing on the dimmable

What about coral burnout? I won't be able to hang the LEDs, so I will need a bracket of some sort to support this.

These are the lights I have and love them.. Several others in here have them as well. I recently went to coralcon and about 70% of the vendors had these lights or similar lighting their displays. Great lights, and the fact they are dimmable makes the easy for coral acclimation

Also, for what it's worth I got mine off eBay $204 shipped.

I think I will go with Reefbreeders, since they include right angle plugs, which I'd want, and would have to purchase on the side with the TaoTronics unit.

I would just need one for a 20 gallon tank (24 inches long), right? And how high above the tank should I mount them to prevent burnout?

I'd mount them 8-12 inches above the tank you can dim them so theres no need to worry about burning the corals Mine are 8in do to the fact that my canopy is 12in high the lights hang down 2 in. I run mine White 80% Blue 100% this makes the colors pop

Thanks for the info...While the rock is curing, I'll get the rest of this stuff prepped :)

Do a search for 'Lighting Best Bang For Your Buck.' Many different lights and links for the Tao 120 Watt Dimmable. DO a search on Amazon, "dimmable Taotronics' You'll find it, I believe it's got a 9 in the title. I've got one on my 10g it's great! Worth the $$$.

Back
Top Bottom