How thick of glass for dividers in sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will 1/8 glass be thick enough for dividers in a sump refugium live rock rubble or should I use 3/16".

I can get 1/8" now but I will have to wait like 2 weeks for 3/16"

Thanks for the help

I would definately wait till you can afford slightly thicker glass IMO. 1/8" will get really tough to clean out when you drain your sump to clean it out... the slightest pressure applied with a sponge or with your hand may cause it to bend. Depending on the size of the sump, the glass might bulge and bend as well depending on the configuration of the sump plans. It would be more than possible to use 1/8", but for me, with such little difference in price (was just a couple bucks more for me) I would go with something stronger and more secure.

.02 for me.

I was in luck when I placed my order with the LGS they told me 2 weeks. I ordered it last tuesday I was getting tired of waiting but they called last night and said it was ready. :lol: I will have to put some pics up when done. Waiting for the silicone to cure.

Thanks for all the help RLG2182. The sump I am doing is exactly the same as yours but I screwed up and bought the 30 gallon instead of the 38 gallon. Their is a 4" height difference thats all. It still is turing out pretty good I think.

Back
Top Bottom