Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

How to attach corals to rock

Hi. Today I just got some new corals in the mail. Usually to attach them I would just epoxy the little rock there on to my live rock. The only problem is, is that one of the mushrooms i ordered has come of his little rock. Also the birdsnest I ordered his attached directly to its plug. Can I just epoxy the coral straight down? And what should I do for the mushroom?

Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Epoxy, coral glue or Krazy glue gel all work pretty well. I've used all and my choice for the past few months has been coral epoxy.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

For the mushroom thread a needle with fishing line. Then just pierce the mushroom, run the string thru it and the tie it to a rock. After a week or two cut the string and pull it out like a stitch and your good to go.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
For the mush room thread a needle with fishing line. Then just pierce the mushroom, run the string thru it and the tie it to a rock. After a week or two cut the string and pull it out like a stitch and your good to go.
^this.

Another option is to rubberband it down but can be easier to just do the fishing line. Usually in a week they are attached enough to move the line or rubberband.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't have any fishing line so all I've done at the moment is a took a small rock and a small rubber band and wraped the rubber band around the mushroom and rock to hold it in place. Can I just keep it like that?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

O ok we'll that's what I've done
Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstuff45 View Post
O ok we'll that's what I've done
Superglue gel for me but im mostly sps i dont imagine this would work for softies
Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstuff45 View Post
Hi. Today I just got some new corals in the mail. Usually to attach them I would just epoxy the little rock there on to my live rock. The only problem is, is that one of the mushrooms i ordered has come of his little rock. Also the birdsnest I ordered his attached directly to its plug. Can I just epoxy the coral straight down? And what should I do for the mushroom?
For the birdsnest, if the plug is a rock/concrete substance, you can crazy glue or epoxy the plug to your larger rockscape.

Personally, I would just snip the birdsnest near the base close to the plug and just super glue it to your rock.

Tags
coral, corals, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com