How to attach corals to rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishstuff45

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. Today I just got some new corals in the mail. Usually to attach them I would just epoxy the little rock there on to my live rock. The only problem is, is that one of the mushrooms i ordered has come of his little rock. Also the birdsnest I ordered his attached directly to its plug. Can I just epoxy the coral straight down? And what should I do for the mushroom?

Epoxy, coral glue or Krazy glue gel all work pretty well. I've used all and my choice for the past few months has been coral epoxy.

For the mushroom thread a needle with fishing line. Then just pierce the mushroom, run the string thru it and the tie it to a rock. After a week or two cut the string and pull it out like a stitch and your good to go.

For the mush room thread a needle with fishing line. Then just pierce the mushroom, run the string thru it and the tie it to a rock. After a week or two cut the string and pull it out like a stitch and your good to go.

^this.

Another option is to rubberband it down but can be easier to just do the fishing line. Usually in a week they are attached enough to move the line or rubberband.

I don't have any fishing line so all I've done at the moment is a took a small rock and a small rubber band and wraped the rubber band around the mushroom and rock to hold it in place. Can I just keep it like that?

Hi. Today I just got some new corals in the mail. Usually to attach them I would just epoxy the little rock there on to my live rock. The only problem is, is that one of the mushrooms i ordered has come of his little rock. Also the birdsnest I ordered his attached directly to its plug. Can I just epoxy the coral straight down? And what should I do for the mushroom?

For the birdsnest, if the plug is a rock/concrete substance, you can crazy glue or epoxy the plug to your larger rockscape.

Personally, I would just snip the birdsnest near the base close to the plug and just super glue it to your rock.

Back
Top Bottom