How to catch a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
as you can read the title...i need ot catch a fidh...a lil burg
want to get rid of the blue devils before i invest in more expensive fish..if you want what i mean
i may start up a 30 gal tall and put them in it
any advise to prevent me from completely rearranging my LR to get them...there 2

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/fish_trap.htm

Try that fish trap. It worked really well for me yesterday, I caught my Yellow Tang and Clownfish and have yet to catch my 4 stripe damsel to put into QT. I also tied a strong piece of thread through one of the hole punches so that when I caught what I needed, I could pull the string and the contraption would come up to the surface quickly. That way, I could go ahead and acclimate that one while I'm trying to trap another. To help it work a little better, don't feed your fish for a day or two and then put the food inside of the trap. You should catch them in no more than 10 minutes. Good luck! (y)

I attached a piece of fiberglass insect screen about 6"wider than the tank between 2 dial rods. Feed the fish when they came out to eat gently move the screen forward to the glass then bring it towards the surface slowly. You will eventually have them in a small area with no where to go. Clear plastic will also work but you need to turn off all powerheads etc or it will be a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom