How to clean fake corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a few fake corals etc in my tank for decoratoin because the puffer and trigger would eat anything real. Anybody know of a secret to clean this stuff? I've tried scrubbing it but some of the pieces cannot be scrubbed easily.

What I did was mixed up a solution of bleach (the dilution on the side of the bucket) and put the fake coral in it for a while (say 15 mins) and then scrubbed it. That was white coral. I then rinsed it very well, extremely well. I then let it dry, then rinsed very well again and let it dry. I then pu it in the tank.

Maybe a bit paranoid but didn't want any bleach in the water. I would not suggest this method for coral that is not white cause it may take out the colour.

Good luck man.

Yeah, a while back when I sterilized my 10g Q tank I used a bleech solution on some fake artifacts and a few weeks later the colored really starting fading away.

I use the same method as above for my dead white coral skeletons with the exception that after rinsing I soak them in a dechloranater solution and them let them dry. Usually about every other month.

Back
Top Bottom