Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Talking how to convert brackish fish to saltwater

Hi can anyone help i have alot of brackish fish i want to know how to convert them is it hard i also have a 55g up and running full sw tank community and coral if it was a 55g agressive would they kill my brackish fish ty

don0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
To convert them I'm pretty sure you just gradually have to raise the salinity. I have never done it before though. If it is an aggressive tank there is a chance that the smaller weaker fish will get eaten/picked on, depending what fish there is.

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What fish do you have in the brackfish tank, and what is the setup? Filter, Substrate, Decor....etc
nxb161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Are you trying to convert all the fish in the tank to saltwater? I know that by topping off with salt water you can raise the salinity gradually with a saltwater tank and I am pretty sure if you start topping off with saltwater in a brackish tank you can do the same.

Measure your salinity daily when doing this so you don't make it raise to fast.
joy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

brackish, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com