Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
steve-s

5 gallon pails work amazingly well for this purpose. A large brute container at the other end will also make this easier. One container for the new SW means it can be continually aerated and temp adjusted when the new tank is set up, plumbed and ready for water.

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #12
zacdl

I think you need to get some 5 gallon buckets throw some airstones in each one, take all the fish and water you can on one trip, and grab the tank on the second trip (unless you can do it all at once).
Old 06-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
zacdl

But since its a 2 hour trip you wanna make sure you have all day to do this
Old 06-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #14
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacdl
But since its a 2 hour trip you wanna make sure you have all day to do this
Indeed, it took me 12 hours to move a single reef tank across town. Do try to prepare properly before hand so the entire transport/set up can be accomplished in one trip. ie.. rent if you need the extra room

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have moved a fish tank 3 times and have one more move to go before living in our NON-RENTED, permanent home. This should not be a deciding factor. If you do have to move for some reason, you can do it. Everytime we have moved we have lost no fish. Corals I can not say because I just got into corals two years ago. Just have one day or evening (depending on tank isze) dedicated to it...you will need it. Believe me, saltwater is a captivating hobby! My husband grumbles when I start spending money on the tank, but when he sits down and watches all the activity in the tank or shows his buddies the tank I sit back and let him soak it in. That way I know he won't give me such a hard time!

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh, sorry Steve-s didn't see the 2nd page lol.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com