how to draw the maroon clown out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys my maroon clown in my 29 gal tank with a threestripe damsel stays at the top of tank near back all day all night is there any way i can get him to come down and swim around? i have had plenty of fish and this is the first one to do this mind ya he has only been in there since wednesday and the three stripe since thursday.

i am having sorta the same problem. except its a tomato clown and he is at the bottom in a corner in the back. ANYWAYS, i think they just need some time to get accustomed to their new surroundings. thats actually the same day i bought mine too. strange. but the tomato seems to be getting better, coming out and exploring a bit. just give him some time and/or food incentive to come out. lol

Oh my clown has been eating since he was floating in the bag lol i dropped a piece of food in there and he took it right away lol my other clowns in my 55 gal are some of the most social fish i have they will actually eat from my fingers.

thats crazy cool. maybe he just likes the top, or has he moved from the spot where the bag floated? perhaps he still thinks he is in the bag? lol

also, i cant seem to feed this clown enough. i put a whole cube of brine shrimp in there just a little while ago, for the second time today, and he is still out looking around for more. should i feed him again?

maybe he just bonded to the filter?

soon he will be trying to feed it, lol. jk

lol oh hey i noticed your corals in your sig about like i started off with :) but i also had a big toadstool leather coral my clowns love that thing always rubbing on the top of it :) looks like a dog in a mud puddle :) its also a very easy coral to keep its on the level with zoas

oh, i need to update that. the zoa's died during the tank crash. the only thing that made it was the mushrooms and the feather duster, and im still working on getting them back up to perfect health.

oh, i need to update that. the zoa's died during the tank crash. the only thing that made it was the mushrooms and the feather duster, and im still working on getting them back up to perfect health.

They aiptasia made it right? :rolleyes:

Never had much of a problem. Nuke them when you see them and they won't over populate. ;)

lol, yes, the aptasia lived, UNFORTUNATELY. i didnt know they would be such an issue, so i just let them go unchecked.

im not going to be so nice anymore. like i said, THIS IS WAR NOW! rawr

My percula clown has been in the right top corner of my tank for the past year. He is the smallest of a threesome and I guess he is the least dominate of the group. DDP maybe your other damsel is bossing the clown around.

Here's a shot of my Perc doing his PH dance.
img_1021369_0_03a0a8b843cd0203aafaedb355110f61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom