Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
How to feed a fish I cant see

I got a pearly jawfish not too long ago. (friday the 12th) The first day I saw him quite a bit because he was digging but after that I haven't. I see him very early in the morning when I wake up but I never see him throughout the day. He has 2 main holes he lives in I believe but its hard to tell if there are anymore. I have no clue how to feed him. I tried to feed him meaty stuff like mysis but I dont know where I should even put it. I tried putting some outside his hole, inside his hole, around the tank and he doesnt take any of it. My nassarius are having the time of their lives eating everything, but I am afraid its going to be bad if the jawfish doesnt eat soon. I would try to feed him in the morning, but its dark and he is very jumpy. Even getting a few feet from the tank spooks him. Ideas???!?

jill530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
Tagging along.

Its kind of funny watching the snails "leap" off of their perches to get to the food though.
Son of Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com