How to feed Cyclop-eeze to the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have the freezer bar or powder. Freezer bar I just dip it in and shake it for a few seconds and you'll see it melt off. I would mix the other stuff.

The freezer bar, I take alittle glass and fill it with tank water, then cut off a sliver off the bar, and put it in the glass, then take a syringe and direct feed corals with it. I would definately not add fresh water to cyclopeeze, because if you direct feed it with fresh water it would be stressed because the corals are used to the tank water blowing around them :)

The freeze dried is a kinda a pain IMO. I could never really find a way to feed it properly. I finally mixed it with SW and dumped it in the tank. I will only get the frozen bar from now on.

BTW, make sure your refrigerate the opened can of the freeze dried cyclo. It doesn't say this on the can but they tell you this on the website. If and open can is left out and gets to be room temperature it is nutrionally worthless.

BTW, make sure your refrigerate the opened can of the freeze dried cyclo. It doesn't say this on the can but they tell you this on the website. If and open can is left out and gets to be room temperature it is nutrionally worthless

WTH! I did not know that. I did check the can because the other phyto I have has to be refrigerated. Mine has been out a few months.

The freeze dried is a kinda a pain IMO. I could never really find a way to feed it properly. I finally mixed it with SW and dumped it in the tank. I will only get the frozen bar from now on.
I totally agree, I love the freezer bar! Its easy to use and corals, and fish love it! :D :D

WTH! I did not know that. I did check the can because the other phyto I have has to be refrigerated. Mine has been out a few months

Its no good.

FREEZE-DRIED CYCLOP-EEZE®
All Freeze-Dried CYCLOP-EEZE® products are packaged in either vacuum-sealed cans or bags. Opened cans should be covered with the plastic top and stored in a refrigerator or freezer in the absence of light. Do not store open product at room temper-ature as the Freeze-Dried product will take on atmospheric moisture and will degrade.

http://www.cyclop-eeze.com/product_info.php

You have to then navigate to the "Applications" link and then select "Marine and Cold Water Fish" from the drop down menu. You will see their "Storage and Shelf life" information in the large blue background section of the page.

I didn't know this either! have to pick a new tin up at the weekend then!

Cheers Shelton.

Back
Top Bottom