How to feed fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I feed my fishes frozen food, Mysis and Rod's Food. I always soak food in Garlic, Selcon and Zoe. After a while I separate Food from "water" and feed fishes. You guys always mention that food should be thaw or something. How exactly should I do it? Am i doing this wrong? Im asking because after 5 years with no algae problems suddenly for last 3 months Im fighting hair algae. Last 2 weeks i run GFO reactor and Phosfate went down to 0 :):):):) Algae came from feeding more. Got a finicky fish.

How often are you feeding? I`ve been feeding every other day for 14+ yrs now with no algea during that time.

I always feed like you every other day. But around 6 months ago I got Blondi Naso and she did not want to eat anything. So I started feed all kinds of food every day. And that's when I started have algae problem. Now Naso is eating good, back to feeding every other day, algae still present but I'm getting there.... I would like to find out what is the proper way to feed frozen food. Thanks.

I have always rinsed the frozen block under the tap in a tea strainer then feed my fish with a turkey baster, the fish go mental as soon as they see the strainer or the baster lol

Back
Top Bottom