how to feed my bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought my bubble tip about 3 days ago, my clowns love it and my anemone love to hang upside down on my liverock, how can i hand feed it with my krill or should i let the clowns do the feeding?

You could feed it by dropping a small piece onto the tentacles and letting him move it to his mouth himself. Most anemones feed off of your lighting system and off the leftovers of the clowns. You should only supplement that 1 or 2 times a week if you think it's neccessary.

electrikat does make valid points. as far as how to suppliment an upside anenome, I would first feed your fish and clowns as you normally would. Watch them and see if they are already bringing things to the anenome. When the clowns are done feeding, try dropping in just one or two krill near the anenome and see if they'll take it to the anenome. If not you'll need to come up with something to be able to get it to the tenticles until it can attach to it on its own.

I do not believe that BTA really need any supplimental feedings. If you have strong lighting and a reg tank feeding schedule you should be just fine. I have two in two different tanks and never target feed either of them. No need.

I feed my tank via a small turkey baster, i simply squirt some at the anemone softly, it will grab some and the rest will mill about the tank till the fish eat it.

I also do the same. I take a turkey baster and squirt some squid at his tennecles about every two weeks. Been doing fine for over two years.

Back
Top Bottom