how to feed my frozen mysis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crage34

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got a new wrasse and was wondering how to feed it this frozen mysis i bought when i got him....how much and how often

I put some in a shot glass with some tank water till it thaws. strain out the excess juice and drop some in the tank.

Might have to chop it up a bit if the shrimp are big. I feed very small amounts twice a day.

I feed froozen once every three days. Thaw it in a shot glas with garlic extreme. Strain and rinse with RO/DI water and dump it in the tank. Be very careful not to overfeed with froozen food, it is easy to do. Make sure your rinse it as it can contain phosphates and nitrates.

I add the frozen mysis in some ro/di water and soak in Selcon over night in the refrigerator. I strain the mysis using a fish net and place the fish net in tank to feed.

I picked up a small brine shrimp net solely for thawing my mysis in a little cup of tank water, pour thru the net to strain, then pull out a pinch for my SW tank. the rest goes to my FW tanks. I use the cubes so it's too much for my 3 SW fish in 1 sitting, and since i'm weird about things being 'fresh' i just feed the excess to my 75 gallon, rather than store it.

Back
Top Bottom