How to feed the following livestock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
How to feed yellow tang, anthias, and cleaner shrimp?

Yellow tang -> if i were to feed lettuce, how long can a lettuce last in the tank before it rot? Why they don't seems to care about the lettuce when I placed it in? I clip the lettuce with a vege clip and drop it down, the lettuce jus stand straight on the sand.

Anthias -> can i feed them pellets instead of meaty items?

Cleaner shrimp -> if there is not enough fish for it to clean, then what should I feed it?

as far as ur yellow tang goes, i wouldn't feed it lettuce. I don't think it has enough nutrients to fulfill its diet. I feed mine Seaweed Selects green sheet algae soaked in garlic. i wouldn't know anything about ur anthias, but i think ur shrimp will eat whatever food is lying around that ur fish miss.

Sea weeds soak in garlic, hmm, can I feed it without soaking it in garlic? Because soaking it in garlic will have a smell and the whole tank water will have that smell.

no your tank wont smell like garlic unless ya used a few bottles hehehehe
agree with packfan no no no lettuce for many reason but if you must use it than make sure ya boil water and drop the lettuce in it for a sec or 2 !! but seaweed is so cheap why not use it ?¿? ya spend 15-25 on the fish $4 on seaweed if fair if ya ask me :)
as far as ya clearners !! yea they will find food on there own but they have to have more than that imo i always hand feed them every other day a piece of shrimp/clam !!!

every tang thats been in my tanks eat sallys seaweed salad off a clip usually filled twice daily for muliple fish the anthias will eat frozen small amounts of frozen brine shrimp and any small amount will be eaten by the shrimp you can also try some frozen gumdrops for fish wich has seaweed,tube worms and brineshrimp so you can alternate.

Back
Top Bottom