How to fix it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. Can you help me guys? I have a 125 mixed reef. Have it for 8 years. All those years I did not have any problem with algae. From 2 months I'm getting those. Green, ferry. Is it algae? What kind? How to get rid of it? It is strange. There is 2 things I changed in last months. MG bulbs, from Usho to Phoenix. And I started feed fishes everyday instead every other day because I got couple Tangs. Prostate shows 0 by ATI I ordered Salifert test ( more accurate)?As you can see send is still pure white. Thanks in advance.
ForumRunner_20121019_155903.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_155954.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_160028.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_160116.jpg

Prostate shows 0

:ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO: SORRY!!!

You just described your problem.... upping your feeding schedule is adding extra nutrients to the tank. The API phosphate test is nowhere near accurate enough to pick up the nutrients that algae need. You need a test that reads down to 0.01 or 0.02 increments, not 5ppm increments. Algae growth can pick up steam at 0.04ppm.

Yea, that's funny...I meant Phosfate, stupid phone;););). In couple days I should get Salifert test. I think it's a lot more accurate then API

What kind of algae is that? Don't have any experience with that staff? Hair?? Maybe I should ask on different section...

The first pic is definitely hair algae. Gotta be from extra nutrients.(food) I wonder what my prostate reading is? LOL just messing. My phone does that stupid stuff all the time.

People will probably disagree with me but when adding extra fish I think it's nesasary to up the feeding. Yes your bio load has increased but the beneficial bacteria will grow with the tank and the problems will go away. If you add you a CUC or in my experience a lettuce nuddibranch will mow that hair Algae in the matter of a few days to a week. But it will die when all algae is gone. An algae blenny is my favorite due to its personality.

What are you feeding? If the food is frozen then rinsing it and not adding the nutrient rich water it is frozen in might help. But I'd cut back on the feeding personally.

Back
Top Bottom