How to get hair algea off a frag disc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are your parameters and how often do you feed? When I had some funky algae, I shut the lights off for 3 days (didn't cover or wrap the tank), and it went away...

My parms were very nice. I never understood why it was only on certain rocks. I tried everything. Running my GFO helped a bit. But nothing like what results I got from the hydrogen peroxide. I feed maybe every 3 days or so. When I feed its maybe half a cube of frozen food. I stop when my 5 fish stop eating. They gobble it up fast so there is nothing left in the tank. I even tried that Kent Mag for almost two weeks. It helped. But again no where near the results of this. Now my tank looks great. Now my coralline is growing well and no hair has come back. I keep a nice big bottle in my stash. I think I pay maybe $.99 at Walmart.

Did you ever smell coral RX? It sure reminds me of a famous household product!
maybe a few drops of food coloring...

Haha! I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed that smell with the Coral RX! :lol:

Don't leave the coral in for more than 5 minutes!!! I forgot a leather in peroxide for 10 minutes. It didnt make it! Lol I always do 50/50 for 2-3 minutes. Sps I do 4-1.. But less than one minute

Back
Top Bottom