How to get my anemone to eat ( please help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beano1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Every time i put the brine shrimp in the water, my tang and clown eat them before they get near my anemone, and im afraid that it wont ever get food. what should i do?

Get a piece of rigid air hose and a small syringe, rinse your brine, then put it in a cup with a litt SW in it....take the syringe and suck up a little water and brine, then taget feed it to the anemone.

Mine has not eaten in 5 yrs now. It can make it by the lights and any scraps that the water column takes to it. I do not feed mine as many others dont either. Some do and that is there choice.

there has been some discussion that feeding my actually be unhealthy. mine gets all its food from the light and scraps as well. the anemone will tell you if it is not getting enough food.

just as note. there is not much nutrional value in brine shrimp ( unless soaked in an additive ) try mysis shrimp.

steve r

steve r said:
just as note. there is not much nutrional value in brine shrimp ( unless soaked in an additive ) try mysis shrimp.

steve r
I totally agree. It would be the same as feeding yourself twinkies for a meal. Not much nutritional value.

I know that some animals will help each other with food when they for ma symiotic relationship, will a clown and anemone do this? i.e., will the clown bring food for the anemone in return for its safety?

Jarred Darque said:
I know that some animals will help each other with food when they for ma symiotic relationship, will a clown and anemone do this? i.e., will the clown bring food for the anemone in return for its safety?
Sometimes, but clowns tend to host wherever they feel.....Sometimes they won't even host it.

so I have heard, been reading lately of some clowns hosting zoos and leathers and more :/

My two clowns host a pagoda cup and a bubble coral. They ignore the anenomie.

My clown brought food to the anemonie but the skunk cleaner would steal it!

melosu58 said:
It would be the same as feeding yourself twinkies for a meal.

And the problem with that would be????????????????? (I know no nutritional value, but they taste soooooooo good, LoL)

My clown hosts one of my powerheads.....

Back
Top Bottom