How to get my clowns to host torch coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had my rbtas under the coralife T-5 -lunar fixture for about one year and. I rbta split like five times but it has not split anymore. They just don't bubble up.

Couple of square inches grows to a square foot in less than a year. Keep a few small sacrificial rocks for it to grow onto. It's like Xenia.

Be careful what you wish for. One set of my clowns ended up hosting my elegance coral and almost killed it. I had to give it away to save it. The clowns can also get injured by hard parts of the coral. In my experience it's just not worth it. It is cool to see it happen but too many negatives for me. lol

Be careful what you wish for. One set of my clowns ended up hosting my elegance coral and almost killed it. I had to give it away to save it. The clowns can also get injured by hard parts of the coral. In my experience it's just not worth it. It is cool to see it happen but too many negatives for me. lol

I was wanting one of those anthillias from the begining. I guess i will just see how it goes

So clowns can kill some corals from hosting them?

My clowns have irritated a couple heads of my hammer. I think if it were any smaller or my clowns were bigger or more aggressive I would end up losing at least some of it.

My clowns have irritated a couple heads of my hammer. I think if it were any smaller or my clowns were bigger or more aggressive I would end up losing at least some of it.

That sucks, i guess im lucky they havent started with any of my corals

Clowns will be clowns. I can't speak towards other types of clown fish, my maroon clowns picked this waving hand coral and ignored everything else. They have hosted about three years now with no damage.

Clowns will be clowns. I can't speak towards other types of clown fish, my maroon clowns picked this waving hand coral and ignored everything else. They have hosted about three years now with no damage.

Wow for 3 years! Are all anemones the same? Do they all move around?

I don't raise anemones anymore. Too much hassle. If they don't like where they are they pretty much all will move.

Anemones are put of the question then, can clowns host anything? My two like to play around and sleep next to my heater. So does the blenny, is it possible he could aswell?

Anemones are put of the question then, can clowns host anything? My two like to play around and sleep next to my heater. So does the blenny, is it possible he could aswell?

Clowns are unpredictable as to what they decide is worthy of a home. I was lucky, mine liked soft coral. I wonder if a fake anemone would fool a clown fish? I don't think mine are too bright.

Back
Top Bottom