How to get my clowns to host torch coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be interesting to find out if they would host a fake nem but the fake ones I find are not very soft.

They make them out of a soft rubber so they wave around. I bet they would host one of these in a second.

Attachments

• image-40608482.jpg
    image-40608482.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I don't either, but the clown probably doesn't care. Might be a good substitute if you really want a Nemo tank for your kid but don't want to invest the time and dollars needed to keep a real anemone alive and well. Clown fish are far easier to keep live than anemones.

I don't either, but the clown probably doesn't care. Might be a good substitute if you really want a Nemo tank for your kid but don't want to invest the time and dollars needed to keep a real anemone alive and well. Clown fish are far easier to keep live than anemones.

Yeah thats true. When everyone starts their 1st SW they always want an anemone but once you find out how hard it is to keep your dreams are crushed.

I waited a few years to get a nem and to be honest, not sure i would do it again. lol Kinda like the grass is greener type thing, you want it til you have it! hehe

I gave up almost 10 years ago. I found they didn't like being surrounded by coral in my tank. I know folks mix them all the time. But in the wild, they usually sit pretty much with each other. I decided to concentrate on corals after one toxed my tank.

So they basiclly arent happy until they have a FOWLR? And then you have to spend a crap load on lighting for it when that is the only coral you have! (not sure if they are corals)

So they basiclly arent happy until they have a FOWLR? And then you have to spend a crap load on lighting for it when that is the only coral you have! (not sure if they are corals)

Not certain. I have a heavily loaded coral tank, anemones didn't seem happy there. But i also have a load of mushrooms which are anemone like, but not anemones in the usual sense.

I think carpets are pretty easy, but if given proper conditions, they can get huge. Had one that took over the whole end of a 200 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom