How to get rid of aptasia or (glass anemone)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-portocarrero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys I have done some research and realized I have a bunch of little glass anemone growing in my rock i have a 90 gl fish and live rock tank couple little corals growing but nothing mayor towards the coral part , does anyone know how to get rid of the glass anemones are they really bad???Can't put liquid treatment cuz it would harm other things and if I put peppermint shrimp my triggers might eat them don't know what to do all advice is appreciated thanks

Shame bout the peppermint shrimps as mine cleared my tank in a week. Boiling lemon juice or aiptasia x could be options if you can get to it

Best thing that's worked for me over the years is to take the rock out of the tank (if possible) and use a lighter, torch, soldering iron...whatever you have. Burn it, and then rinse it off before you add it back to the tank.

Peppermint shrimp! I highly recommend them. They got rid of about 20 aptasia nems in a few dayss

Also for around the price of that majano wand you can build yourself a sweet laser that will burn the little beasties through the glass and water of your tank, couple of interesting YouTube videos of this. And as a bonus you have a sweet laser to harrass local air traffic with

Nothing, and I mean nothing, rids a tank faster of aiptasia then a scat. Down side is, they get big. I used to belong to a reef club. We passed around a scat when someone would have a problem with aiptasia. They are such a PIA. Goes into the same category as bubble algae (Valonia) as far I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom