how to get rid of bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pancho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My skimmer is making my water filled with tiny bubbles, does anyone know how to make them go away? i dont think they are bad, but ive had the skimmer running for 2 months now and its well past the "break in" period where it says the bubbles are normal. Anyone know what to do?

What kind of skimmer do you use? If your using a coralife, you have to mess around with the bubble diffuser box and water level. But it depends on the skimmer........

How long has the skimmer been running? Since I got my Bak Pak, it took at least two weeks before the microbubbles stopped, but luckily I didn't have any fish at the time so I didn't have to worry about irratation due to the microbubbles.

its been running for over 2 months now. The fish dont seem to mind it (as far as i know) but my water just doesnt look clear.

I wouldn't recommend the skimmer box. You've got a 29g tank, right? That box will fill up a larger portion of the tank than you probably want to give up. I have a 46g and bought the skimmer box for the Remora Pro. The thing is huge, plus it attaches to the skimmer pump in a pretty dumb way. It never made it in the tank.

Have you tried adjusting the skimmer cup down a little? Are you pulling out any skimmate? If you're not getting much gunk in the cup then if you adjust the cup down some it should reduce the bubbles going into the tank. Just make sure you don't adjust down too much at one time or you'll fill that cup up in no time flat. It's a delicate balance.

If you ARE getting a good amount of skimmate in the cup, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom