How to get rid of clove polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So these guys hitchhiked in a while again and are spreading like wildfire. Anybody got a good easy way to get rid of them?

image-31489598.jpg

image-517435989.jpg

I have blue clove polyps throughout my six foot tank, from one end to another. You can take out the rocks they are on or actually kill them. :-(

I don't necessarily want to kill them, they are just brown and not as attractive as the blue ones. I'm just worried because they are encroaching on some sps. If they aren't going to hurt it then I may as well just leave them tho

I don't have a sump for this tank, they are on 2 different rocks and spreading towards my montipora setosa. The one rock is covered in zoas and the other has my setosa on it. Ill probably just leave it. If they start to overgrow something ill just squish those ones lol.

OOO you have a setosa? NICE! I've been coveting that coral for some time now, just havent found a local specimen. lol

Good luck, dont be surprised if the polyps find there way to other rocks though.

OOO you have a setosa? NICE! I've been coveting that coral for some time now, just havent found a local specimen. lol

Good luck, dont be surprised if the polyps find there way to other rocks though.

Haha I won't be, it came on a rock when I first started the tank and has progressed to others. It is now finally getting crazy. Yeah it is an awesome coral, it is just putting base down now but hopefully will grow outwards once that's done!

Back
Top Bottom