how to get rid off small leathers and mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
how to get rid off small leathers and mushrooms?

i have got some small leather corals growing and some mushrooms on my live rock that i would rather werent there, as i have heard that if they are growing next to a hard coral like, acro or trumpet coral they can kill that coral?

i have mushrooms in other places around the tank, but there are some i would like to get rid of as i dont want to take the risk!

i have heard that if you just try and pull them off they will tear and the new bit will just grow into a new one!

but i have heard of three ways you can do it:

1) use a syringe and fill with boiling water and squirt onto the mushroom!

2) use a syringe again and fill with kalk mixture and squirt onto mushroom!

3) use a powerheard and aim the water from the side and try and twith the mushroom off, and then coat the area with some kalk!

so hat do you guys think of these ideas, which will work and which wont, and which is the best.

or obviously if you guys know a way, please tell!

thanx andrew

I tried that with a mushroom i wanted to move to a different spot now there are 2 in the place i cut it off :twisted:

i have just heard that a good way to do it is to put a old top form a jug like milk jug on them and fasten with elastic band and they will go off the live rock from lack of light and then you just chuck them away!

that sounds like a good way pomme, since they will drop with no light and go look for good light , the milk cap will do the trick

Back
Top Bottom